Monday, March 21, 2011

Straight Edge 101 - A Dedication to Down Goes Spezza

Well the Birthday Vacation week of Dallas Stars hockey didn't exactly pan out how I had hoped.  Of the three games I was able to attend, the Stars had an abysmal record of 0-2-1, while the one game that I had an opportunity to go to, but decided against it was a 5-0 drubbing against the Hawks and, eventually, Marty Turco.  This also means that my bet with Matt of Down Goes Spezza on the Flyers game has resulted in me telling all of you about why you should choose the Straight Edge lifestyle.  Ya, it's like making Charlton Heston give you a speech on why guns are evil, but here I sit having to come up with a minimum of 500 words to inspire y'all to give up smoking and drugs and alcohol *cringe.*  Hell, I even learned today that really hardcore followers (read: their screen names have a LOT of xXx's in them) give up sex and go to a vegetarian diet.  Well here's the thing, I can't put those words in type.  I can't.  I'm sorry.  But I suppose if I spoke them, then that wouldn't really be breaking the rules, now would it...



Cue the "Damn it Jason!" from Matt.

As always, feel free to leave your comments, hate mail, and non-alcoholic beverage recipes, or just stalk me on Twitter , because what better things do you have to do while at work?

1 comment: